Have you been in the game for a very long time and you have made some special friends in Minecraft? I am talking about the NPCs found in the game. Maybe you have a certain village that is your first or the most precious villager. Maybe you have a pet and you want to do something special for them. Then giving them a name of their own will be the best thing. But to do that you need Nametags in Minecraft.
What are Nametags in Minecraft?
Nametags are special items in Minecraft that enable you to name an NPC in the game. You can name any NPC except Ender Dragon. The name tags will also make sure that the NPC will not despawn even if you leave them and don’t come back ever.
How to Find a Nametag?
Like all the special and rare items in Minecraft, Nametags are items that cannot be crafted. But you can find them and get them in these three ways:-
- Treasure Chests: The treasure Chests are one of the three ways you can find Nametags in Minecraft. The treasure chests found in Mineshafts, Shipwrecks, Buried treasure chests, and Woodland Mansion can contain Nametags. There is a 30-40% probability that you can find the Nametags in these.
Fishing: If the digging and the exploring trip don’t work out for you. Then you can try to fish. Just head to the closest fishing Spot and start fishing. But let me warn you that this process is very time-consuming. There is a 6% chance of getting treasure through fishing and a 0.6% chance that you will get a Nametag in Minecraft.TIP– Use a fishing rod with Luck Of The Sea III and Lure III to increase your chances to catch a Nametag.
- Trading: If the above methods didn’t work for you, then there is only one way to get Nametags in Minecraft. you have to trade with the villagers. In my opinion, this is the best way to get the Nametags. Just trade with a Master Librarian and then you can get a nametag for just 19-21 Emeralds.
You can also check How to Setup a Beacon in Minecraft from us here.
How to Use Nametags in Minecraft?
The Nametags have only one purpose- to give names to NPCs in Minecraft. You can name any NPC except Ender Dragon. To use a Nametag;-
- Take a Nametag.
- Use an Anvil. ( To make an anvil make 4 blocks and 3 ingots of iron. Place the blocks in the top row and in the middle slot and place the 3 ingots in the last row.)
- Now add a new name in the empty dialog box.
- Now hold the Nametag in your hand.
- Go to the NPC, which you want to name.
- Click on the NPC with the Nametag being in your hand.
The NPC will be named and the Nametag will be gone from your hand.
Nametag in Minecraft Easter Eggs:
As we all know that Minecraft doesn’t do anything simple. So, here are some Nametag Easter Eggs, that will apply the different effects when you will use them on NPCs-
- Naming a sheep “jeb_” will make its wool change color rapidly. But, when you will shear the sheep, the wool obtained will be of the original color in which you found the sheep.
- When a rabbit is named “Toast”, it will give it black-and-white skin which is themed to honor a user’s missing rabbit.
- Naming any NPC “Dinnerbone” or “Grumm” will flip them upside-down.
- If a vindicator is named “Johnny”, it will cause it to become aggressive with nearly every other NPC in the game, instead of just players, villagers, traders, and golems.