The upcoming Valorant Patch 7.12 is set to bring significant changes to two initiators, focusing on Skye’s Trailblazer and Gekko’s abilities. The early patch notes, posted on the Valorant Public Beta Environment (PBE) forums, provide insight into the adjustments, bug fixes, and performance improvements coming with the update.
— KINGDOM LABORATORIES (@KLaboratories) December 1, 2023
Valorant Patch 7.12: Skye’s Trailblazer Nerfs
The primary focus of Patch 7.12 is the adjustments to Skye’s Trailblazer, aiming to make her more deliberate when using this signature ability. The specific changes to Trailblazer include:
- Camera Lock During Leap: The camera will now be locked on Trailblazer during its leap, reducing the flexibility for Skye players to scout and clear angles simultaneously.
- No Concussive Explosion if Destroyed During Leap: If the Trailblazer is destroyed mid-leap, there will be no concussive explosion. This alteration encourages enemies to shoot down the projectile, minimizing the risk of being concussed.
- Concussion for Allies: Trailblazer’s leap will now concuss both allies and enemies. This change introduces strategic considerations for Skye players, requiring them to be mindful of the potential impact on teammates.
The adjustments to Trailblazer are designed to encourage players to make thoughtful decisions about utilizing the ability, weighing the benefits of extra distance against the trade-off of concussive effects on allies and enemies.
Valorant Patch 7.12: Gekko’s Ability Buffs
Gekko, another initiator in Valorant, is receiving significant buffs to his abilities, with a primary focus on Dizzy. The improvements to Gekko’s abilities include:
- Reduced Reclaim Channel Time: The reclaim channel time for Dizzy, Wingman, and Thrash has been reduced from two seconds to one second. This change allows Gekko players to reclaim their abilities more swiftly, enhancing their overall efficiency.
- Faster Reaction and Projectile Shot for Dizzy: Dizzy will now react and shoot his projectile faster, reducing the delay before firing at a target.
- Pre-fire Targeting Delay Reduction: The pre-fire targeting delay for Dizzy has been decreased from 0.5 to 0.35 seconds, providing Gekko with a quicker response time.
- Missile Speed Increase: The missile speed for Dizzy has been boosted from 7,000 to 10,000, making the projectile more challenging to evade.
These buffs aim to address Gekko’s relative underutilization compared to other initiators in the game. The reduction in reclaim channel time, increased projectile speed, and faster reaction times for Dizzy enhance Gekko’s effectiveness, making him a more viable choice in tactical scenarios.
Valorant Patch 7.12 Release Date and Testing
Valorant Patch 7.12 is scheduled for release on Tuesday, Dec. 5. Players participating in the Valorant Public Beta Environment will have the opportunity to test the changes in advance, providing valuable feedback to the developers.
The upcoming patch not only brings adjustments to Skye and Gekko but also includes minor bug fixes and performance improvements to enhance the overall gaming experience.
Stay tuned for the official patch release and further details on the changes introduced in Valorant Patch 7.12. As the community eagerly awaits the update, the evolving landscape of agent abilities and gameplay dynamics promises an exciting experience for all Valorant enthusiasts.