Torchflowers are a brand-new type of flower that was introduced in the newest Minecraft Java snapshots and Bedrock previews. In addition to being used as ornaments, these ancient plants may be utilized to breed Sniffers and hasten the development of young Snifflets.
Torchflowers, albeit still in the early stages of development, may be found in the most current Bedrock Edition preview for version 1.20 or in the most recent snapshot of Minecraft, 23w07a. These are accessible for the Creative Mode inventory, and commands may be used to add them. Until later snapshots and previews completely fill out version 1.20’s forthcoming features, they may also be partially acquired in Survival Mode.
Torchflower in Minecraft
In the most recent previews of Minecraft, you’ll need help from the Sniffer mob to acquire Torchflowers. This monster, which received the most Mob votes, has the capacity to find seeds of ancient plants in the surrounding area, which you may then plant and cultivate. Torchflowers require a growing process and take time to mature, in contrast to many other in-game flowers. You may then shatter, gather, and plant them somewhere if you’d like.
You can utilize Torchflowers as you like as long as you are in a snapshot/preview world with experimental 1.20 features and the Sniffer turned on. Also, until later previews give the ability to locate and hatch Sniffer eggs, cheats must be enabled.
This is a step-by-step tutorial on growing and gathering torchflowers in the current beta of Minecraft 1.20:
- You must utilize Creative Mode or in-game instructions if you’re using Java snapshot 23w07a or its Bedrock counterpart. Enable cheats in your world and type “/summon sniffer” or “/summon minecraftsniffer” to summon a Sniffer. Both commands should function on either game version.
- The mob will start sniffing around the Minecraft environment and looking for seeds as soon as it has spawned. The usual duration of this procedure is unknown, so simply give the Sniffer some time to look. It will eventually collapse to the ground and start searching for Torchflower seeds. The seeds will emerge from the earth after a brief period, and you can gather them.
- You’ll need to make a farm plot using a gardening hoe and the seeds you already have. On grass blocks and soil, even rooted or gritty dirt, this is possible. You can sow the seeds for the torchflower there once your farm plot has been established.
- Create a hole near your farmland and fill it with water using a bucket or any water source in the game. You might also situate your farms next to naturally occurring bodies of water, such as a lake or ocean, to ensure that the farm plots receive enough water to be saturated.
- Hold off until the torchflowers reach their maximum size. You may also apply bonemeal to them to hasten this process if you’re in a rush. Just shatter the blooms after they are completely developed, then gather the Torchflowers that are released.