Valorant patch 4.09 notes are here, and it comes along with quite a notable nerf for Chamber among other changes. Here’s everything you need to know about the latest patch update for Riot’s tactical shooter.
After the recent release of Fade in Episode 4 Act 3 with patch 4.08, the next patch is already here with two notable VFX changes for the latest Agent. Having said that, patch 4.09 maintains the trend of Valorant Episode 4 by trying to improve several gameplay aspects, including a major nerf to Chamber.
🔻 Fade and Raze | 4.09 PBE Voicemails 🔻
Fade provides a little insight into what she sensed in Lisbon. "…a place of secrets."
Raze asks Brim to go easy on Breach. Seems like they butt heads frequently. A wholesome moment from Raze 💗
— Cynprel – VALORANT Lore (@cynprel) April 29, 2022
Apart from the direct Agent changes, patch 4.09 also features quite a few quality-of-life improvements in the game. Having said that, let’s dive in and check out all the new changes in Valorant Patch 4.09.
Valorant Patch 4.09: VFX And Ability Changes
As revealed by the developers, patch 4.09 features a massive nerf to Chamber’s Trademark ability. On top of the cost is increased, the ability now only features one charge instead of two. Additionally, even the audio range of the ability has been increased, making it easier for enemies to hear whenever Chamber triggers Trademark.
Apart from this nerf, Valorant’s latest agent, Fade has also received a couple of VFX changes to her Seize and Nightfall abilities. These new VFX changes should make it a lot easier for players to get through the rounds with improved visibility.
Valorant Patch 4.09 Notes
The full patch notes for Valorant’s 4.09 update can be found below courtesy of Riot Games.
- Nightfall (X) – You should now see a decreased amount of flickering textures on diagonal walls when casting Fade’s ultimate. Also added VFX for additional clarity and visual impact.
- Seize (Q) – VFX change to the orb for a more dynamic presentation in 1p and Agent select.
- Cost increased 150>>>200
- Charges reduced 2>>>1
- Audio range increased
- Party Lead Transfer — You can now change the lead of your party.
- The current party leaders can right-click the player name they want to transfer the responsibility to, and choose “Make Leader” in the drop-down menu.
- A number of small tweaks and updates were made to the UI.
- Added Observer ability to toggle Scoreboard on/off.
- Fixed a bug where Jett’s Tailwind would sometimes fail to cast when used immediately after curving a Cloudburst smoke.
- Fixed a bug where Jett’s ultimate indicator would sometimes stay active after firing all kunai.
- Fixed an issue where an unintended ‘use’ input could happen after abilities such as Skye’s Trailblazer or Sova’s Owl Drone is activated while using the ‘use’ key
The anti insta lock which was leaked has not yet been added to the patch note, therefore it might be a while before we receive the update. With this update, we will also be getting the night market.