Valorant, Riot Games’ popular tactical first-person shooter, receives regular updates to keep the gaming experience fresh and balanced. However, some players have encountered a frustrating issue where their Valorant downloads become stuck at a mere 0.1 KB, rendering the game unplayable until the problem is resolved. In this article, we’ll explore why this issue occurs and provide step-by-step solutions to get your Valorant download moving smoothly once more.
someone help me download valorant its been stuck on this for ages idk whats wrong😭 pic.twitter.com/Kn3bi4l6iq
— charlie ! (@dwtlonely) January 7, 2023
Valorant Download Stuck
The 0.1 KB download stall issue in Valorant download stuck can be exasperating. You eagerly anticipate the latest updates or patches, but the download progress remains stagnant. This problem typically occurs when there are network or server-related issues. However, before attempting any repairs, it’s essential to verify whether Riot Games’ servers are indeed experiencing problems.
Check Riot Games’ Official Channels
The first step in resolving a Valorant download stuck at 0.1 KB is to check Riot Games’ official communication channels. Riot Games often uses Twitter and its Support page to announce server-related issues or maintenance. Here’s what you should do:
- Navigate to Riot Games’ official Twitter account or the Support page.
- Look for any recent tweets or announcements regarding server status or maintenance.
- If server issues are confirmed, it’s likely the cause of your download problem. In this case, you’ll need to wait until Riot Games resolves the server issues.
Valorant Download Stuck: DNS Configuration
If there are no server-related problems and your Valorant download remains stuck at 0.1 KB, the issue could be related to your DNS (Domain Name System) configuration. DNS servers translate human-friendly domain names (like www.riotgames.com) into IP addresses (like 192.168.1.1). Incorrect DNS settings can disrupt your internet connection and cause download problems. To address this issue, follow these steps:
- Access your router’s configuration page by logging in. You can usually do this by entering your router’s IP address in a web browser (e.g., 192.168.1.1) and providing your login credentials.
- Locate the DNS settings in your router’s configuration.
- Change your primary and secondary DNS to any of the following options:
- Google DNS: Primary – 188.8.131.52, Secondary – 184.108.40.206
- OpenDNS: Primary – 220.127.116.11, Secondary – 18.104.22.168
- Cloudflare DNS: Primary – 22.214.171.124, Secondary – 126.96.36.199
- Save your changes and restart your router.
Restart Your Computer or Contact ISP
If neither of the above solutions resolves the issue, try restarting your computer. Sometimes, a simple reboot can clear network-related problems. If the problem persists, it might be worth contacting your Internet Service Provider (ISP) to inquire if there are any network issues on their end affecting your download speed.
A Valorant download stuck at 0.1 KB can be incredibly frustrating, but by following these steps, you can diagnose and resolve the issue. Start by checking Riot Games’ official channels for server-related problems. If the problem persists, consider adjusting your DNS settings on your router. If all else fails, a computer restart or contacting your ISP may be necessary. Don’t let a stalled download keep you from enjoying Valorant’s latest updates and content.