Do you want to become a Fortnite competitive player or professional player? if yes then read this carefully. I am going to tell in this article that How an average Fortnite player can join Competitive and Esports involving a Grind, esports basic, devices, hardware and resources etc.
The Rise of Esports and Fortnite World Cup-
Fortnite hosted its first large-scale sporting competitive event Fortnite World Cup- 2019 at Arthur Ashe Tennis Stadium, New York. Anyone could participate in this event. It is not only for professional players, male players, streamers, etc.
In the event, 16-year-old Kyle ‘Bugha’ Giersdorf dominated the first round, beating professionals and renowned streamers to win the 3 million dollar grand prize.
In Finals, at the end of July, after being in ten weeks continuous competition in which includes over 40 million competitors and prizes worth over US$30m. The tournament packed out the 23,771 seats for Arthur Ashe in New York’s largest tennis arena.
Fortnite game is a little different from other FPS games (like PUBG and Counter-Strike) because this game has cartoonish graphics. It means the parents of teen players are less likely to object to the game- Fortnite doesn’t look also violent featuring excessive bullets and bombs.
The publisher of Fortnite, Epic Games attracts most of the players by Announcing Fortnite Free To Play but players can buy epic and unique items using in-game currency (V-Bucks).
How to Join Fortnite Competitive Events and Tournaments?
Generally, Fortnite Tournaments are Organize Once a month but sometimes weekly competitions are also organized in Fortnite. These tournaments and competitions are subject to change from time to time. So, it is wrong to predict this but all competitive news are posted on their website (EPIC GAMES – FORTNITE) which includes incoming competitions and tournaments news. On which base you can prepare yourself.
How to Prepare Yourself for Fortnite Competitive?
If you are ready for Fortnite Competitive, then there are some things you must judge with yourself. It means how much time do you give to the game? how creative are you? How much is your coordination in aim and creativity? etc. Well, if you are ready then you need to have these skills in Fortnite competitive.
if you have these skills in Fortnite then fine and carry on with your grind for the next tournament. But you are an average player and you don’t know which type of practice do you need then you can grind with points in Fortnite-
- Use creative mode in Fortnite practice. Creative mode allows you to have unlimited materials so that you can practice building and editing to get better at Fortnite.
- Use small cash cups for championship practising. Cash Cup is a weekly tournament in which you can win real money as a reward and competitive experience.
- Divide and decide your practice timing at least 4-6 hours in a day.
- In Fortnite, new guns, vehicles and items are constantly being added to the game and Constantly changes also happen with updates. So, you have to understand the changing meta of the game with regular practice.
Best Hardware Devices for Fortnite Competitive-
It is wrong to give importance to hardware more than skills but if you want to avoid restrictions which mean lags, FPS drops, game crashes, etc then you have to get a good hardware device. You should not take any risk in the competitive scene. And if it is a matter of high graphics games like Fortnite, then you can also come under mental pressure with lags and device performance.
Below I consider some device brands which you can consider by comparing with Amazon, Flipkart, Google and other platforms. It will be a little expensive but you are going to work for a long time-
- Asus ROG Swift PG258Q 24.5” Gaming Monitor.
- Zebronics Zeb-Transformer Gaming Keyboard and Mouse Combo
- Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3200MHz C16 LED Desktop Memory
- Ant Esports ICE-130AG Mid Tower Computer Case I Gaming Cabinet Supports ATX, Micro-ATX, Mini-ITX Motherboard with Transparent Side Panel 1 x 120 mm Rear Fan Preinstalled