The Directx error in Valorant is one of the hundred reasons which will trouble your game in starting. Riot launched a new update recently and since then the error is very much seen among the gamers. So, here is how to fix the DirectX runtime error in Valorant.
Why is the error?
Riot Game’s Valorant has become one of the most popular games in recent days. Moreover, Riot tries to fix every issue as soon as possible and maintain the balance of the game.
There are many reasons that let your game ruin and error 81 is one of the most popular. DirectX message has also caused a little issue for the players which left them their head-scratching.
The error comes because of a corrupted or outdated graphics card driver or an old version of DirectX on the PC. Additionally, it also happens when the Riot Vanguard fails to connect with the drivers.
How to Fix the DirectX Error?
Reinstall the Riot Vanguard
Maybe, there are some issues with the Vanguard that is why you cannot fix the error after applying the methods mentioned above. Therefore, now the final solution is to uninstall the Vanguard. Go to Windows Setting>> Apps>> Vanguard and uninstall it.
Open the game now and it will start downloading the Riot Vanguard automatically. After the download is complete it will ask you to restart. Restart your PC and enjoy the game.
- Press the Windows key.
- Type and search for ‘Check for Updates,’ then click on it.
- A Windows Update page will appear where you can download the update.
- You can then install the latest version of DirectX.
Updating Graphics Drivers
- Type and search “NVIDIA GeForce Experience” in the Windows Start menu.
- Go to Drivers and then click on it.
- Click on ‘Check for Updates.
- Download the update and install after download.
- Click on Next and Finish.
- Open the AMD Driver and Support Page.
- Head to Auto-Detect, and Install Updates for Radeon Graphics and Ryzen Chipset Drivers for Windows.
- Click on the Download Now.
- Run the file after downloading.
- Click on Install and the setup will start.