Valorant is an online multiplayer game wherein the players are required to select an agent before the game begins. Each of these agents has different kinds of special abilities. One attacker team has to carry a spike and plant it on either side of the map.
The defending team has to stop attackers from entering their side and not allowing them to plant the spike. If the attackers successfully enter and plant it, the defenders need to kill the enemies and defuse the spike. Moreover, the sides are prone to change after the completion of 12 rounds.
Valorant Patch Notes 2.07: Ability upgrades for Astra, Raze, and Viper’s bug fixed
After the last two major patches, this time RIOT GAMES has not made any major changes. In the official Valorant Patch Notes 2.07, Astra and Raze have got a few changes related to spike planting & defusing and their prediction of incoming attacks, respectively.
Viper also got a bug fix but not a balance, which slightly differed from the potential power of her recent Decay Buff.
Astra has got some awesome changes related to her Gravity Well. The players will definitely be using Astra more, now that her Gravity Well can disrupt enemies from planting or defusing the spike.
Attackers might be using this ability post-plant when defenders try to defuse the spike. But, defenders will try to fake a defuse to waste the opponent’s Gravity Well of Astra.
Astra will be a more powerful agent because she can give Smokes to her teammates, which will confuse the enemies and she can now use her upgraded Gravity Well ability to disrupt enemies to plant or defuse spikes. Ultimately, her unique ability is to Sound proof and Bullet Proof walls.
New abilities of Astra (Gravity Well)
- Astra can now pull Agents that are defusing the Spike.
- And, If they are pulled out of the defuse range then, the defuse will be interrupted.
Raze mains has the ability to fly using a Double Satchel. It is now common to hear distant explosions and to suddenly see Raze in front of you. It is commonly compared to Jett’s Tailwind. RIOT GAMES has updated a sound attachment that will be heard when Raze flies through the air.
This will help the players to track and kill her easily and will also warn them of danger. Along with that, some VFX was also added to her abilities.
The new ability of Raze
- Audio cues were added to indicate her boost in the air from the Blast Pack
- Explosion and Showstopper launching, and
- VFX was updated so that her abilities are less obscuring and clear to make the play space faster.
There were many complaints that Viper’s Marshal shots were not killing the enemies that had taken 50 decay. RIOT GAMES introduced the patch note 2.07 because they discovered a bug tied to the way the game determines whether taking damage should be lethal on decayed targets with armor at specific health breakpoints.
They think the bugged interaction with the Marshal was by far the most common, but they’ll watch how the new bug fix will affect the recently buffed viper’s overall power.
New abilities of Viper
- Fixed a bug when calculating if damage taken while decayed should be lethal for players with armor.
- Most noticeably, this was causing Marshal shots when the target was decayed 50 to reduce the enemy to 1 health instead of killing them.
Valorant Patch Notes 2.07: Other Important Updates and Fixes
QUALITY OF LIFE
- Improved feel of ping wheel selection tool; this should now feel more predictable to use.
- Cypher Tripwires now display to Observers with associated team color.
- Fixed issue where spectators and observers could sometimes see incorrect aim vectors for scoped-in sniper rifles when switching between views. The incorrect view would settle to the correct position after about one second. The correct view now shows immediately.
- Yoru can no longer plant the Spike after using Gatecrash while his Dimensional Shift is active.
- Fixed an unintended dome in the sky that Astra saw if she came out of Astral form while Omen is ULTing.
- Fixed a bug where placing Killjoy’s turret next to Sage’s Barrier Orb would sometimes break it.
- Cypher can no longer place Spycam in Cyber Cage projectiles.
- Fixed issue where Killjoy’s disabled Alarm bots would chase far away targets that ran by them when it was re-enabled.
- Fixed issue where Skye’s Guiding Light appeared to go underground when thrown directly down.
- Fixed various localization issues with the server selector and the promotion screen.
- Fixed a bug that was causing the Match History filter to function incorrectly.
- When viewing a friend’s Match History, it’s possible to get an error message as the result of viewing too many filters too quickly. This limit is in place to help with performance, but should only happen when viewing a friend’s career.
- Fixed a bug where players would have to restart client to rid themselves of their competitive queue restriction after their own restriction ended.
- A bug was fixed where some players were not penalized for being AFK after a match ended during remakes.
- Fixed a bug where players using a Russian keyboard were having issues with party push to talk.
- Fixed a bug where players who swapped to Thai keyboard had their voice chat settings reset.